Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Introducing Ai-Mi!






We are delighted to announce that last Friday, May 19th, it happened! We received a referral for a five month old baby girl named Ai-Mi Hsu. She was born on December 15th and is now living in foster care in Taipei.

Ai-Mi was born with a cleft palate and cleft lip. She has had repair surgery on her cleft lip, which you can see is in the process of healing in her picture taken at about 4 months old. We don't think that she has had surgery on her cleft palate, so she will require additional surgeries, probably a couple more before early school age, and she will probably need some speech therapy. Mommy and Daddy can't wait to get her home and get her all fixed up.

Okay, so many of you are probably wondering, what happens now? Within the next week or so, we will receive lots of paperwork that we will have to complete. It will have to go through the authentication process, which is basically getting all of the papers notarized and then having the notary's certification verified at the county, state, and regional level. Once that is done and the paperwork goes back to Taiwan, we will enter the court process. The court process lasts approximately 3-6 months,and then we will get word that we can travel. We should have Ai-Mi home by Christmas!

13 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Mama & Daddy!!
Erin, I am SO happy for you! WOW! You were on my mind and I planned to call you soon. Five months old?! She's just beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. Helen will have another little girlfriend to play with. I'm sorry you have to wait until Christmas. Brace yourself because now that you have seen your daughter, you will feel more anxious to get her! The pictures are probably already etched in heart. God Bless! Jan

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Erin, she's beautiful! You and Dan must be so excited. Her surgery looks like it was very well done, and with the great care she'll get from the two of you and here in the States, she might not need much speech therapy.

I'm so excited for you! I'm bouncing in my chair as I type!

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, Victoria told me about your great news and sent me this link. Ai-Mi is beautiful! We wish you godspeed with the paperwork, and court process so that you can travel soon. Mia HaiMan is looking forward to having a new friend from the East! ;-)

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very big congratulations to you. She is just beautiful. We will keep you in our prayers that you will have a very speedy court process.
Grandma Penny

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs.Ly I am so happy for you. You seem very happy. I cant wait till you get her. I will come and visit you at the middle school and talk whenever I can. If you ever need a babysitter let me know!!* *!! My
^
e-mail address is aforker92@sbcglobal.net so we can keep in touch over summer and when I am in high school. You are such a great teacher and friend!! Congradulations Mrs. Ly!! Take care and e-mail me!!Please!

Bye Bye,
Ashley Forker

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, Dan,
I am so happy and excited for you both, she is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her too. What a great Christmas gift! My prayers will be with you for a fast process in the months ahead.

Karen Rosati

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are so happy for you mrs. Ly!!! good luck with everything!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Congratulations Erin! She is so precious. You must be so excited.

~Annie (from the Adopting from Taiwan Yahoo group)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Congratulations, Erin. That is wonderful. She's a beauty.

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Erin and Dan! She is so cute and I'm sure she is as excited as you are for the first time you meet. I am looking forward to meeting her at a family picnic one day!
love,becky snyder
PS. I like Kiera

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both(Mom and Dad). We can't wait to meet her, she looks beautiful! Sophia will teach her everything she needs to know and how to break in new parents.

Congratulations again,
Kevin, Stephanie and Sophia

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Erin and Dan,
I'm so happy for you, and for our whole family. I can't wait to spoil her!

Love,
Gram

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Kathleen... said...

Darling little Muffin. =) I love her top-pony!

You already speak of her in such a loving manner...what Dear Parents she'll be coming home to.

Congratulations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home