Thursday, January 12, 2006

Name Debate

Well, we have decided on a name, just not how to spell it! We welcome your opinion.
Here it is. . .

Kira Linh Ly
or
Kiera Linh Ly

Both Dan and I think Kiera is probably the prettier spelling, but I'm afraid it will be mispronounced "Key-air-a". Since the poor child will already have her last name mispronounced, I really want to avoid an easily misprounced first name. I don't want the poor girl to be called "Key-air-a Lie" her whole life! (Our last name is pronounced Lee).

Of course, we don't know what her Chinese name will be, but we will keep whatever it is to use as her Chinese name. Everyone, including the grandkids, in Dan's family has an American name and a Chinese name, so her Chinese name will not get lost.

Curious to know what others think...Kira or Kiera?

7 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Kira is the better spelling of the name.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin and Dan,

I originally liked Kiera better, and I also like Kyra (which is not one of your choices), but I think Kira would be less likely to be mispronounced. Dad and I don't care how her name is spelled, we will just be so happy when she is here.

Love, Mom

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin and Dan,
I say keep it simple so it is not misspelled or mispronounced. The simpler the better. Kira is my vote. So excited for you both.
Karen Rosati

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too think that Kiera is a prettier spelling, but more likely to be mispronounced. Whatever spelling you choose, I'm sure it wouldn't be too long before she is correcting people herself. Let us know what you guys pick.
Lauren

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin, your mom gave me this information so Karen and I could stay tuned in with your adoption process. We wish you and Dan the best. Oh, and I think either spelling of the name is beautiful!
Jeannie Moore

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, Dan,
I am so excited for you, she is a beautiful little girl. Can't wait to meet her, keep us posted on the process and let us know when you have her here. Love and prayes to all so the process will go smooth and quick!

Karen Rosati

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do believe that Kiera is the 'nicer' sounding name, but would more than likely be mis -pronounced all of her life. Kira probobaly be the better choice, still 'nice' but would be less of a hassle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home